The Anker 577 Thunderbolt Docking Station’s Thunderbolt 3 downstream port can support up to 40 Gbps data transfer. If devices connected to this port do not get recognized or cannot transfer or receive files, then there may be a problem with the connected laptop, the connected devices, or the dock itself.
Here are some troubleshooting tips that may help identify and resolve the problem.
For the laptop:
- Try this dock with different Thunderbolt laptops.
For the connected devices:
- Confirm whether the connected device can transfer data without the dock.
- Try connecting another device to see whether file transfer works normally.
For the dock:
- Check to see if the dock is correctly connected to your laptop and if the dock's LED light is on when the power button is pressed down.
1) Use the Thunderbolt 3 cable that came with the dock to connect the dock's Thunderbolt 3 upstream port (with a computer icon) to your laptop.
2) Plug one end of the included power adapter into the DC-IN port and the other into a power outlet.
3) Press down the power button, and the LED will turn green and then blue. If the light does not turn on, the dock may be defective.
If you’ve tried all of the above tips and the problem still persists, please contact MyAnker Customer Support for further assistance. Make sure to briefly mention the tips you’ve already tried so that a solution can be provided faster.