When you plug a 3.5mm audio device such as a headphone, headset, etc., into the hub/dock’s audio port, but no sound is heard from the audio device, the issue may be caused by the connected laptop, audio device, or hub/dock.
Here are some troubleshooting tips that may help you locate and resolve the problem.
- Make sure that you set the audio output to the correct mode on your laptop:
macOS: Open System Preference > Sound > Output > External Headphone.
Windows: Left-click the sound icon in the taskbar. Select the device in the drop-down menu > Choose the connected headset.
- Try this device with a different laptop to see if the issue persists.
For 3.5mm audio devices:
- Confirm whether the audio device can work normally without the hub/dock.
- Try a different 3.5mm audio device.
- Try with a different hub/dock with a 3.5mm audio port to see whether the device can work well.
If all of the steps above cannot help you locate and resolve the problem, please contact MyAnker Customer Support for further assistance. Briefly mention the steps that you’ve already tried for a faster solution.